I did quite a bit of hammering today. Soft hammering just won't cut it when the wood you're working with is really hard. Building the boat backwards isn't a good technique to use when needing a hard surface to work on either.
I brought the frame of the Mobile Boat Cradle inside the house and managed to put the clamps on. They still need to be tight enough for the frame to withstand the pressures that's going to be placed on it. That includes not coming apart when being bounced around while being moved from one place to another. Even falling from this upright position, it must stay intact.
Today I was spreading the green fronds on the ground in the sun in order for them to completely dry out. When that occurs, then they will lose all the moisture in them making them way lighter than they are at the moment! I did weight measurements of the pieces of dried out fronds on my dietary scale but I would need to use my pound scale to weigh the very long ones. I have to see if taking measurements that way will be an accurate one.I'm also brainstorming on the different ways the fronds can be arranged! A light bulb always seems to light up with new ideas of doing something differently than I originally planned. The final lay out once glued can't be undone so I want to place the right type of fronds on the inside and outside of the hull.
Trying to glue the large "Noodles" to the fronds was a real challenge. I realized that a lot of glue was required to bind the "Noodles" to the fronds. It was wearing away my patience. I have to admit I was feeling impatient about getting closer to completing the bottom of the boat!
Comments
Post a Comment